Sunday, November 16, 2014

Media Ethics

Once I finally figured out how to view cookies, I was very surprised in my findings. I had no idea all this was even going on in my computer while surfing the web. The 'cookies' that show up on the list are from every website that I have ever visited. 

Cookies are created when you use your browser to visit a website that uses cookies to keep track of your movements within the site, help you resume where you left off, remember your registered login, theme selection, preferences, and other customization functions. The website stores a corresponding file(with same ID tag)to the one they set in your browser and in this file they can track and keep information on your movements within the site and any information you may have voluntarily given while visiting the website, such as email address.

I had no idea what a cookie even was to be honest but the fact that the internet can gather up so much information about what websites we explore is insane. I think that the collection of that data could be both good and bad. 

#lnash

No comments:

Post a Comment