Friday, September 12, 2014

Print Media : The Tennessean

One of the more popular newspapers that I am familiar with is The Tennessean. Growing up, my parents have always gotten that select newspaper. We also get the USA Today but I decided to focus this post mainly on The Tennessean. I have looked up the online version as well as the paper copy. The online version has tabs including all different sections and categories. I personally have always had a hard time trying to find certain sections in newspapers but when I just went onto the online version it was a lot easier for me to get around. Tabs include: counties, sports, business, travel, lifestyle, music and opinion.

The home page has a 'TopNews' section on the right side. Top news stories include sports information all the way to talking about the housing markets in Nashville. My parents have both told me that they like feeling the newspaper in their hands while reading it. Though they also said whenever they get on the internet it is hard for them to stay away from going to google news etc. They have told me that they don't read The Tennessean online though.

My family still uses their technology just like anyone else would, but they still love a quiet morning holding a physical newspaper in their hands. When I asked them if they would ever switch to just online there was no changing their minds. The cool thing you see about printed news is that it can literally be there forever in stone, in person. Sure you can google any article but it just isn't the same.

Its a lot different now with newspapers, but one thing for sure is the Nash household will forever be #TeamNewspaper




No comments:

Post a Comment